News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Some nostalgy Scheepach/ Tormek 2000

Started by WolfY, July 19, 2016, 08:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfY

Found this at a friends carpentry and helped him to restore the machine. After restoring it ( truing the stone, oiling the leather wheel, checking the nylon bearings etc...) will upgrade with micro adjustable universal support and some jigs. Works like new.

Pls. visit my FB page for the pictures as I can't upload here.
https://www.facebook.com/ultrasharpisrael/
Giving an advice is easy.
Accepting an advice is good.
Knowing which advice is worth adopting and which not, is a virtue.

Ken S

WolfY,

Interesting vintage Tormek! This is the second older Tormek we have seen with a second name. (As I recall, the other brand name was Dutch.) Tormek must have made units for rebranding at one time. Perhaps Stig might comment when Scandinavia returns from holiday August 8.

Maybe someday someone will post photos of a fully restored Tormek T7. I would like to still be around to see that.

On a serious level, the old Tormek looks like it still has a lot of sharpening in it.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

The old square 2000.   You might consider adding the horizontal support as well.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

Good thought, SADW.

I find myself using the universal support in the horizontal position more and more. Be sure to get the later version with two locking screws.

Ken

WolfY

I offered him all upgrade possible with all parts so it will become like a T-7. He will consider the parts as he will get to use the machine and according to his needs.
Giving an advice is easy.
Accepting an advice is good.
Knowing which advice is worth adopting and which not, is a virtue.