News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

a Tormek afternoon

Started by Ken S, June 04, 2016, 02:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

One of the all too rare pleasures I enjoy is actually getting to meet and spend time with other forum members. Today this small group became one larger.

I did not realize until this week that Rich Colvin and I live in the same area in Ohio. We spent part of the afternoon in Rich's shop. We share a common interest in Tormek, but with different areas of special interest. The nice thing about sharing Tormek experience is that the knowledge increases from the sharing.

Rich does indeed have a very well worn Tormek wheel. I think of a worn out grinding wheel as a badge honor. His Super Grind is a tribute to the longevity of the Tormek. He has updated it with an SB-250 wheel and has an EZYlock ready to install. I was impressed with his practical technique.

I had an enjoyable afternoon and hope Rich did, also. It's nice to put a person with a name.

Ken

RichColvin

So, it was really cool to meet Ken :  such a wealth of information and a real gentleman ! 

If you get the chance to meet a fellow fan of the Tormek sharpening system, I highly recommend it.  The forum is great, but seeing how another person does something yields great ideas.  And sometimes those small tidbits make a huge difference in the work.

Other notes are in different forum strings.
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

My thoughts exactly, Rich. I like the immediate exchange of ideas with fellow Tormekers.

Ken