News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

sharpening books

Started by Ken S, April 04, 2016, 10:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I have often recommended two of my favorite sharpening reference books, Leonard Lee's The Complete Guide to Sharpening, and Ron Hock's The Perfect Edge.

I have been negligent in not recommending the third book in my trilogy of reference works. The slight was not intentional. Most of my life, my sharpening has centered around woodworking tools. My present interest in knife sharpening is a direct result of meeting Steve Bottorff. Steve has written a valuable book on knife sharpening, Sharpening Made Easy. The book is chock full of useful information about knives and knife sharpening. I refer to it often, and reread the entire book this morning. About an hour will get you through the book.

It should be on every serious knife sharpener's bookshelf. You can get it through Amazon or (better, in my opinion) through Steve. His website is sharpeningmadeeasy.com. Ask him to autograph it for you.

Ken

brettgrant99

I have all three of those, plus one specific for oboe knifes.  I ordered Sharpening Made Easy from Steve, but didn't think to ask him to autograph it.  Oh, well, still some good info.

Brett

Ken S

Welcome back, Brett.

Please check your messages; I sent you a PM.

Ken