News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Matching grinding wheels of different diameter

Started by wootz, March 28, 2016, 11:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

WolfY,

I don't see a problem. In my shop, a busy day might mean several edges, so XXX XXX XX would probably cover several days. :)

As for dates, they have already gone rogue. Look at reply dates before yesterday. (ex. June 16, 2016). Maybe Google Translate could redo them to proper Swedish. (another  :) )

All work and no play makes a dull Tormeker...........

Ken

Herman Trivilino

International organizations recommend that a space be used, rather than a comma or period, to separate groups of digits.

So, for example, 75 thousand 4 hundred twenty-one and 45 hundredths is written as

75 421.45

or

75 421,45

depending on the preferences for the decimal separator.
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Interesting. I am always learning new things on this forum.

Ken

WolfY

Thanks Herman,

Looking backwards the thread, I can see I was not as clear as you with the explanation. Kind'a missed something ;)
Giving an advice is easy.
Accepting an advice is good.
Knowing which advice is worth adopting and which not, is a virtue.

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: Ken S on July 01, 2016, 04:37:43 PM
As for dates, they have already gone rogue. Look at reply dates before yesterday. (ex. June 16, 2016). Maybe Google Translate could redo them to proper Swedish. (another  :) )

The internationally recommended way to write that date would be

16 June 2016

or

16 Jun 2016.

The latter expression is used when it's preferred to have a uniform three-letter abbreviation for each month.
Origin: Big Bang

ATS

Has the script been removed from the first post? I cannot find any script. If I am an idiot, please explain where I can find the script for using the universal support height for setting grinding angle.

Ken S

I think we somehow drifted away from the original question about maintaining a constant bevel angle using grinding wheels of different diameters. This is not a complicated procedure, using either Wootz' applet or kenjigs and Dutchman's tables. (One kenjig, cardboard works fine, for each wheel diameter.)

Did I miss something?

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: ATS on May 22, 2018, 10:12:09 PM
Has the script been removed from the first post? I cannot find any script. If I am an idiot, please explain where I can find the script for using the universal support height for setting grinding angle.

Wootz now sells it as a software package... so he probably removed the script.  You can find more information about it HERE.

Forum member RichColvin has an online calculator that sets the USB (by measuring to the wheel)... you can find that HERE.

(So... here here I guess). ::)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

ATS

wootz

There are two approaches for setting grinding angle in the standard Universal Support position of grinding into the wheel:

The first originates from Ton Nillesen trigonometry for Tormek, and sets grinding angle by distance from the Universal Support bar to the grinding wheel, a free online calculator is available thanks to Rich Colvin: http://sharpeninghandbook.info/indexCalcProj.html
Kenjig also works on this principle.

The second is Knife Grinders' by vertical distance from the Universal Support bar to the Tormek housing: Computer Software >>
and more here: https://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=3501.msg22214#msg22214

cbwx34

Quote from: wootz on May 23, 2018, 06:03:34 PM
There are two approaches for setting grinding angle in the standard Universal Support position of grinding into the wheel:

The first originates from Ton Nillesen trigonometry for Tormek, and sets grinding angle by distance from the Universal Support bar to the grinding wheel, a free online calculator is available thanks to Rich Colvin: http://sharpeninghandbook.info/indexCalcProj.html
Kenjig also works on this principle.

The second is Knife Grinders' by vertical distance from the Universal Support bar to the Tormek housing: Computer Software >>
and more here: https://forum.tormek.com/index.php?topic=3501.msg22214#msg22214

Fun with Cadd!

8)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

wootz

Update: 48 countries use our software for Tormek!
Our software for setting grinding angle on Tormek is now available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

iPhone and iPad applets - on your iPhone or iPad search the App Store for Grinding Angle Setter.
Our existing customers can obtain the iPhone / iPad applet free of charge - if you purchased our software before, please email Knife Grinders that you also need the iPhone / iPad applet, and we will generate a promo code for you so you don't have to pay for our applet in the App Store.

Our Android version has been upgraded, and all bugs fixed.
Existing customers who need the improved Android version, please email Knife Grinders for a link and get it straight onto your smartphone or tablet.
New customers who want to buy the Android applet only, on your smartphone or tablet search the Google Play Store for Grinding Angle Setter, and look for the Knife Grinders icon

More details on our website http://knifegrinders.com.au

Sharpco

Quote from: wootz on March 30, 2019, 07:13:44 AM
As of today, 41 countries use our software for Tormek.
Our software for setting grinding angle on Tormek is now available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.

iPhone and iPad applets - on your iPhone or iPad search the App Store for Grinding Angle Setter.
Our existing customers can obtain the iPhone / iPad applet free of charge - if you purchased our software before, please email Knife Grinders that you also need the iPhone / iPad applet, and we will generate a promo code for you so you don't have to pay for our applet in the App Store.

Our Android version has been upgraded, and all bugs fixed.
Existing customers who need the improved Android version, please email Knife Grinders for a link and get it straight onto your smartphone or tablet.
New customers who want to buy the Android applet only, on your smartphone or tablet search the Google Play Store for Grinding Angle Setter, and look for the Knife Grinders icon

More details on our website http://knifegrinders.com.au

Great Job!