News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

About upgrading

Started by Stenis49, February 25, 2016, 12:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stenis49

Hello!

I am completely new at the forum and have some questions
I bought yesterday a SA 250 and wonder how it is possible to upgrade this machine.
I will use it for woodworking tools and Woodturning tools.

There where no jigs following the machine and there is a 250 mm sandstone mounted!

Regards

Sten-Åke GRanberg

jeffs55

I do not see a model listed as a SA 250 and expect you are referring to the stone and there is no such designation for that either. If the stone is 250 mm in diameter you almost certainly have T7 model or what is formerly known as a Supergrind 2000 and other names. I do not know where in the world you but here is a list of places to buy Tormek stuff no matter where you are: http://tormek.com/international/en/resellers/. One thing this forum teaches is to look closely at prices before you commit to buy as there can be big differences in price from one source to another. I am sure the site moderator will chime in and guide you through the most important "first" things to acquire. Good luck.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Stenis.

I believe all of the Tormek accessories are compatable with the SA-250. The SA-250 may have the earlier natural stone grinding wheel instead of the later manmade grinding wheel. The natural stone has a finer grit. This is an advantage for finer grinding and not as fast for more agressive grinding. The diameter for both grinding wheels is 250mm.

We have had several recent posts regarding the SA-250. You might wish to also address your questions to Tormek support in Sweden support@tormek.se.

Please continue to post. There is interest in the earlier Tormeks.

Ken

Stenis49

Thanks!

This machine is old (About 1984) I am going to buy the tools that will help me make the wheel round again. It is a littlest oval now!

SharpenADullWitt

Jeff,

See this page: http://tormek.com/international/en/about-tormek/the-tormek-story/ as it shows pictures, without all the model numbers (second one is the model the poster is talking about).

Stenis
According to one of the other posts, do not use the stone grader with the natural stone.  However you should be able to use the TT-50 truing tool to round the wheel.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

jeffs55

Quote from: SharpenADullWitt on February 25, 2016, 05:39:53 PM
Jeff,

See this page: http://tormek.com/international/en/about-tormek/the-tormek-story/ as it shows pictures, without all the model numbers (second one is the model the poster is talking about).

Stenis
According to one of the other posts, do not use the stone grader with the natural stone.  However you should be able to use the TT-50 truing tool to round the wheel.
[/quoThe page could not be found.

It may have been moved or renamed. If you got this message using a bookmark please go the start page and update your bookmarks.
te]

jeffs55

The page could not be found.

It may have been moved or renamed. If you got this message using a bookmark please go the start page and update your bookmarks.

Ken S

Stenis,

Make sure you get the improved truing tool, the TT-50, to make your wheel round again. A wise choice for a first addition!

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

Quote from: jeffs55 on February 25, 2016, 06:39:43 PM
The page could not be found.

Sorry Jeff,
I had sent a note before, that it was busted, and apparently they never fixed it.
Left hand side of the main page, towards the bottom: About Tormek
Then at the bottom of that page, the history link.
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Johan_E

/Johan

SharpenADullWitt

Thanks QM.

Learn something new everyday.  Didn't realize that <?> symbol would cause so much trouble.
8)