News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SharpToolsUSA web site ordering problems?

Started by tdacon, January 18, 2016, 10:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdacon

Seems like I've never actually succeeded in purchasing anything from the SharpToolsUSA web site without getting a message after I hit submit to the effect that there's been a problem placing the order - call the phone number.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm currently on Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11.

Tom

Ken S

Tom,

Sharptoolsusa is now owned by Advanced Machinery. The telephone number is the same for both sites. IMHO Advanced Machinery has wisely kept the sharptools name and website. It is the most extensive Tormek dealer website that I know of.

AM may not be aware of a web problem. I suggest you call them.

Ken

wderke

We have been experiencing this problem for some time. Some users are able to check out,others are not, and no one seems to know why. Our programmer (for the Sharp Tools site) does not think it wise to spend time investigating the problem, so we are in the process of migrating both the Sharp Tools web site and the Advanced Machinery web site into one new homogeneous site. This will be operational later this year. In the meantime, everything on the Sharp Tools site EXCEPT Tormek replacement parts is also available on the Advanced Machinery site. If you need parts and have trouble checking out, please call us or email us at Advanced Machinery - we are receiving emails sent through the Sharp Tools site.

Wolfgang

Ken S

I have been a satisfied customer of both sharptoolsusa and Advanced Machinery. I would like to share my first experience with Advanced Machinery:

Four years ago, while in the process of moving, my Tormek was stolen in a home break in. I emailed Jeff Farris for guidance. Jeff referred me to Hans Derke of Advanced Machinery. AM is large enough that they were able to sell me a new Tormek without all of the included accessories. The price was fair for both of us, and I did not end up paying for duplicates of most of the accessories. Incidentally, AM accommodated my needs even though I was not a previous customer. I was impressed.

In addition to being able to offer the advantages of a large dealership, AM also has the advantages of a small town dealer through the past association with Jeff Farris. I have found the sharptoolsusa parts finder especially valuable. I hope AM will preserve Jeff's valuable information and, hopefully, try to add someone with comparable experience for future information.

Ken