News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Thanks for the help!

Started by SharpOp, December 07, 2015, 11:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharpOp

Hi, folks.

I was only active here, briefly, as I prepared to begin a "retirement sharpening business" with my Tormek as the main tool in my collection.  All of you were wonderfully helpful and courteous.

As it turns out, health issues are going to derail my plans (not so unusual as we grow older, unfortunately) and, as part of closing this (very short) chapter, I wanted to remember to come here and say thanks!

So, it's time to take inventory and head off to eBay and Craigslist and Goodwill to disperse the tools and zillions of books and all the other stuff (where did it all come from ?!?) that isn't going to fit the new "lifestyle" I didn't know I was going to be adopting.

One last comment:  Tormek makes absolutely brilliant products.  I've very seldom been so impressed with a tool's quality and ingenious design.  I'll be telling that to every prospective user I meet.

Regards.

~Doug

Ken S

Doug,

So sorry to read your post. Best wishes for you and your health in the future. Please feel free to chime in when the spirit moves you.

Ken

Elden

Doug,
   I am sorry to hear that. Best wishes.
Elden

grepper

Doug,

How kind of you to remember our out of the way little community.  I too wish you the very best and like Ken said, please feel free to chime in if the spirit moves you!

Personally I am finding it odd how old age is the price paid for wisdom.

Mark

Stickan

Very nice words, thank you Doug!
Wish you the best in the future.

Sincerely,

Stig

Ken S

Doug,

I just reread your thirty five posts. (I recommend doing this to fellow members; Doug's thoughts are quite worth your study time.) You bring an open minded curiosity to the forum which I find refreshing. As a kindred old telephone man, I appreciate your realization of the tangible value of theory and precise measurement on real world sharpening. A sharp mind can create sharp edges, and you have a sharp mind well honed with life experiences.

I do hope you will continue posting as health permits. Even though you are no longer an active sharpener, you have a wealth of knowledge to share. Your understanding goes beyond the physical process of sharpening a tool. You have developed a sense of understanding how we learn. I believe helping with the learning process is easily as valuable as the technical, physical aspects of sharpening.

Don't be a stranger. (English idiom for "stay in touch".)

Ken