News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

the main purpose of this forum

Started by Ken S, December 04, 2015, 03:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I believe it is important to remember that the primary purpose of this forum is, and always has been, to assist newer Tormek owners to acquire the skill to create legendary Tormek sharp edges. I encourage new members to post questions. Don't be shy. We have all been where you are now. You will find we are a helpful, friendly group who will encourage you along your journey.

We do not discriminate between those who begin with a new Tormek and those whose Tormek has seen many miles before they acquired it. Nor do we discourage questions from those who are in the exploratory stage. Investing in a Tormek should be an informed decision. We are happy to share our experience.

Newer members will notice that many recent posts have been of a technical nature. Do not become discouraged. We were all beginners at one point. Speaking for my own part in this technical side of the forum, I have always been motivated by making the Tormek more user friendly for beginners. I have never wanted to make the Tormek complicated. The Tormek can be very versatile. It can be set up to duplicate common edges efficiently or allow creative sharpening limited mainly by the user's imagination. The choice is yours. Either way, the Tormek will be your faithful sharpening system. We welcome your questions. Join the fun.

Ken