News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Giant Tool Sale

Started by stevebot, November 14, 2015, 03:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevebot

If you live in or near Ohio, consider visiting the Hartville Hardware Giant Tools Sale and Expo November 20 and 21. Dozens of suppliers including Tormek will have booths and representatives there with special prices that are not available elsewhere. I attended last year for the first time and was amazed. Hero Member Ken Schroeder will be demoing for Tormek.
Steve Bottorff; author, teacher and consultant on knife and scissor sharpening.

Ken S

Thanks for the plug, Steve. The Giant Tool Sale and Expo is not to be missed! Over the years I have acquired most of my Tormek jigs and accessories at Hartville events usually for  a very nice discount.  (Eat your heart out, Ebay!)

For most of my adult life I lived twenty minutes from Hartville. I have been a customer of Hartville Hardware for forty years. I remember the old store dowmtowm. Then the big store. Finally the present seven acre store, the largest hardware store in the US. Hartville is an Amish village. The store still has some Amish flavor. Don't miss the delicious food at the Hartville Kitchen next door.

I spent the day at the Hartville show last February. I wanted to observe and learn from Affinity Tool's Tormek demonstrators. That alone was worth the almost three hour drive. As an unexpected bonus, I met Steve Bottorff as well. I recognized Steve from his book, Sharpening Made Easy. Learning from Steve was exceptional good luck.

I am looking forward to demonstrating the Tormek. If pressed by forum members, I might even divert very briefly to demonstrate the kenjig. ( Buying a jig or accessory would help Affinity understand the short diversion from Tormek gospel. )

I hope to see some of you there. I will give a good report about the show.

Your man in Hartville,

Ken