News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

The great leather honing wheel oiling mystery solved, at last

Started by Ken S, February 21, 2015, 01:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Arnman, I would suggest giving your honing wheel a quick scrape, a little oil, and start using it. You should be up and running smoothly soonly.

By the way, I noticed that the Tormek reps used less honing compound than I do, and had less mess. In fact, I do not recall seeing any honing mess and surprisingly litte spilled water.

Go for it!

Ken

stevebot

At Hartville the first thing I did was scrape the glaze off of Affinity Tool's Tormek.
Steve Bottorff; author, teacher and consultant on knife and scissor sharpening.

Jimmy R Jørgensen

i Know i'm opening a old post. But it seems that the topic never gets old

I wonder if any that know how and what to do when starting, will/can record it when they break in a new wheel. As a foreigner i struggle to understand you guy's sometimes, it gets to be technical or to "slang".. see not even sure how to explain that.. BUT.. seeing it on a video speak the same language to all of us. So i hope that someone will record it next time. Phones now a days do a excellent job
If it's not broken, DON'T fix it.

Ken S

Thanks for the tip, Steve. I will remember it next month.

Jimmy,

One of the advantages of having Tormek AB ("Sweden") do a video is that English is not the native language. I believe that would tend to make the video more multi-language friendly.

Ken