News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Replacement rubber feet for T7/Supergrind 2000

Started by dgbingham, July 22, 2015, 09:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgbingham

Are these feet available for replacement in the USA?  Only one is left on my machine.  The only place on the internet that lists them is in Austria and the cost with shipping is $41 for 3 tiny little feet and that is just not reasonable.  It seems like someone would sell replacement parts in the US for a machine that costs as much as these do.

Stickan

USA Agent
Affinity Tool Works
1161 Rankin
Troy, MI 48083
Tel: (800) 586-7635 Toll-Free
Tel: (248) 588-0395
Fax: (248) 588-0623
info@affinitytool.com
www.affinitytool.com

Call them and they will help you with this.

Best, Stig

dgbingham

Thanks.  They did not turn up on the first few pages of a Google search. 

Don

Ken S

I would use Stig's advice first and call Affinity Tool.

As a secondary source, check sharptoolsusa.com. Click on "Tormek" , replacement parts, and then the parts for the  T7 and other 10" models, and then "parts finder". The rubber feet are part number 18.

Ken

Elden

They are $5.60 apiece on Sharp Tools USA without shipping. I would think about making my own if  they needed replacing. A solid piece of rubber should do it. An old solid forklift tire or maybe even a threaded tire would be possibilities.
Elden

jeffs55

Quote from: dgbingham on July 22, 2015, 09:55:57 PM
Are these feet available for replacement in the USA?  Only one is left on my machine.  The only place on the internet that lists them is in Austria and the cost with shipping is $41 for 3 tiny little feet and that is just not reasonable.  It seems like someone would sell replacement parts in the US for a machine that costs as much as these do.
They are very proud of their machines and parts costs show it.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Ken S

Jeff,

I do not recall any product with inexpensive repair parts: food processors, dovetail jigs, the plastic fold out coffee cup holders in a Buick, etc. It seems to be the nature of the business. What I really find frustrating is not being able to get parts.

I think it is worth a call to Affinity Tool.

I have dealt with both Affinity Tool and Sharptoolsusa. I have found both reputable.

Ken

Herman Trivilino

Adhesive backed rubber feet are a common hardware store item. You can find them in blister packs at every home center and hardware store. Lots of other places, too.
Origin: Big Bang