News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Upgrade Universal Support for Supergrind 2000

Started by tiredfeet, April 29, 2015, 04:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiredfeet

Is US-105 Universal Support with Micro Adjust the correct replacement part?

Stickan

Hi and welcome to the forum!
That´s correct, US-105 for the 2000/T-7 models and US-103 for 1200/T-3/T-4 models.
The US-103 is 10 mm shorter on the horizontal supportbar than the US-105.

Best,
Stig

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: tiredfeet on April 29, 2015, 04:39:49 AM
Is US-105 Universal Support with Micro Adjust the correct replacement part?

Welcome to the forum, tiredfeet. Yes, that's the correct part, which upgrades the one that originally came with my SuperGrind 2000. Instead of buying one I modified my original. Lots of posts on that issue ...

Click on "Advanced search" then search for "threaded" by user "Herman Trivilino".

http://forum.tormek.com/index.php?action=search2

Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Welcome.

A micro adjust really makes truing the wheel much easier. I would consider it a must, whether you choose to purchase a new Tormek part of thread your own.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

This might be better as its own topic, but this also links into this.  I still have the original, non threaded bar for my 2000, and I was wondering for those that have done it, how much use do you get out of the knob, when using the bar with a bench grinder?
Slowly working my way towards turning.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

SADW,

Do you have any difficulty truing your grinding wheel without a micro adjust?

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

I never used the non micro adjust one yet.  I just kept it for the possible bench grinder, first shaping.
A micro adjust one was also with  my setup.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

I would suggest you use the micro adjust.......you might like it!

Ken