News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

transporting a Tormek

Started by Ken S, March 04, 2015, 11:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

When unboxing a new Tormek, be sure to save the little sleeve which covers the oexposed part of the shaft. It keeps the shaft from shifting or falling out. I recommend making up a couple spares from short pieces of PVC pipe. Schedule 80 pipe works well. The outside diameter is 5/8". The inside diameter is a bit tight to fit over the shaft, however, reaming it out with a 31/64" or 1`2mm drill bit makes it fit well. A piece of plastic pipe a little larger works fine, also. it won't fit snugly of the shaft, but it's the ends which hold everything together.

Always remove the grindstone and place the spacer over the shaft when transporting your Tormek.

Ken

Elden

That is good fodder for thought to remember. First I have to replace the grinding wheel and the shaft before I can remove the wheel for transport. :-\
Elden