News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SVS-50 vs SVS-32

Started by mike40, February 06, 2015, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike40

I recently bought the turning jig kit which included the SVS-50 jig. Can also handle short tools like the SVS-32?
Mike

Ken S

Welcome back, Mike!

Good question. You will probably get a more definitive answer from support (support.tormek.se). I have sent several questions. Stig or one of his associates usually answers quite quickly.

Please post the answer.

Ken

mike40

Thanks Ken, good to be back. My question is redundant now because I went ahead and ordered the SVS-32 anyway as it is fairly cheap. BTW, I tried that Tormek.se search, but didn't come up with anything. Could you be so kind to provide me with the link just for future reference?
Mike

SharpenADullWitt

I didn't reply at first, because I read it two ways (don't read when sleepy).
http://tormek.com/international/en/grinding-jigs/svs-50-multi-jig/

In that video they show a fairly short bladed gouge, but it is wider.  I think the SVS32 is more for both short and narrow tools compared to the 50.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

I'm Mike,

I am laughing.....Sometimes the best way to learn is just to buy the thing and try it!

The semi-senile imp in me would like to put something useless in my toolbox with no explanation. It should puzzle my heirs and, maybe, one of them might find a use for it. :)

Ken

mike40

I got my SVS-32 today. It looks pretty useful and it can handle pretty wide chisels, it is also pretty simple so I will probably use it quite a lot as I don't have any carving chisels over 3.2cm wide. That way I don't have to be constantly changing the configuration of my SVS-50. In times past I tried to stop buying unessential tools, but I now realize that the idea is a lost cause. Instead I've re-channeled my thoughts towards finding new reasons to keep purchasing them!  :)
Mike