News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Problem with SVD-005 upgrade kit for SVD-180 to SVD-185

Started by robert29, November 25, 2014, 04:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert29

I've bought the upgrade kit to bring my SVD-180 up to the SVD-185 and have a problem with it.
The new knob screw for the tool holder is too big in diameter to fit in the existing brass fitting on the top of the tool holder.
Measuring bothscrews, the original thread is 5.75 mm and the new one is 7.76 mm.
There is nothing in the instructions with the kit to deal with this - I had expected them to be interchangeable.
How do I get round this one ?

Regards,
Robert.

SharpenADullWitt

Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

robert29

Thank you.
Is that telephone number in the USA ?  I live in Scotland - maybe I should email Tormek in Sweden ?

Regards,

Robert.

Ken S

Robert, welcome to the forum

I suspect that telephone number is in the US. I believe Brimark is the UK importer.  I would suggest you email support@tormek.se. Support can get you moving in the right direction and they respond quickly.

Keep us posted.

Ken

Herman Trivilino

That's probably the phone number of Sharp Tools USA. I think Jeff was still with them back in 2008.
Origin: Big Bang

SharpenADullWitt

It was Jeff's post from when he was connected with them.  Now, in the states Affinity tools, I think is the one (although Jeff still carries parts).  I didn't see where you were at, originally and meant the posting more as guide, that whoever is your local person, should take care of you. (seems to be part of their backward upgradeable philosophy)  Otherwise, you may have to buy a part, from those who sell the replacement parts.
I hope all those above posts helped some, and welcome here.
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Herman Trivilino

Sharp Tools USA is still very much a Tormek source.

http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/

Even if you are not in the USA or don't want to buy from them, you can still use their website to find every little part ...

http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/xcart/home.php?cat=6

Here's the official world-wide list of Tormek distributors:

http://tormek.com/international/en/resellers/
Origin: Big Bang

robert29

Thanks !

I've been in contact with support@tormek in Sweden and they are going to sort it out for me.  That's a bit nearer me than the USA !!

Robert.

robert29

I've been given a replacement head which is of the current standard, so all is well now.

Well done Tormek !

Robert.