News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T7 with blackstone

Started by yuchia, September 21, 2014, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yuchia

Hi,

I'm wondering if it will be an option that to buy T7 with blackstone? I am a turner and mostly need to sharpen HSS lathe tools. Instead of buying T7 with the original stone, it is better to get the blackstone at the first place.

Thanks,
Joseph

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Joseph.

I would suggest you contact some of the larger dealers, specifically the ones who also carry replacement parts.  The standard grinding wheel is also a replacement part.  You might find a dealer who would work with you.

When I replaced my first Tormek, which was stolen, I was able to purchase a new unit minus some of the accessories which normally came with it.

Good luck.

Ken

Terry Tjader

I do not remember the dealer, they were listed at the bottom of either amazon or ebay for additional $26.00 they would swap the wheel out, which was the cost difference between the wheels.

Ken S

Good tip, Terry. I would suggest checking with a local dealer if you have one to see if he might do the same. The Tormek is very heavy if you should ever have to return it (a very remote but possible situation).

Ken

yuchia

Do you have the link?

Thanks, Joseph

Quote from: Terry Tjader on October 15, 2014, 03:50:46 AM
I do not remember the dealer, they were listed at the bottom of either amazon or ebay for additional $26.00 they would swap the wheel out, which was the cost difference between the wheels.