News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Grinder Bogging Down after continous use

Started by Carlo Petrilli, January 30, 2006, 06:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Petrilli

I purchased a used Tormek 2000 and after prolonged use approx. 45 min. to 1 hr of use the grinder beins to bog down.  I have replaced the drive wheel with a new one and dreesed it thinking that was the problem but it still is bogging down after continuous use.  I'm not sure if I have a motor problem or something is not aliged properly.

Thank You for any help.

Carlo

epw314

You say you dressed the drive wheel with belt dressing?As stupid as it sounds make sure  the wheel tight. Do you smell anything like a electrical burn?The motor can run at 158 degrees so it diffentally would be hot to the touch.Shut it off when actually not doing anything ,setting up jigs,etc. This will give it a cool down time.
Ed
Ed Weigman

Anything Sharp
172 Mountain Lake Estates
Hawley,Pa 18428
570 685 9755

Jeff Farris

Carlo, does the machine work normally at first, then start slipping?  My normal suggestion for this condition would be roughing up the drive wheel with sandpaper, but it sounds like you have a different problem.  Try cleaning the wheel with sandpaper -- use no more belt dressing -- then work the machine hard for an extended period.  If you still experience the slipping, call me.
Jeff Farris