News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New angle jig KS-123

Started by John Hancock Sr, Today at 09:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hancock Sr

Just saw this on the Tormek Innovation YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/SlmK7cdyKf8?si=Gmep9glb91snjpdq

Should make setting the angle so much w.

Dan

Dutchman

I had the pleasure of testing the new angle setter KS-123. It is based on ideas from Perra and meets all expectations.
Quote from my conclusion:
It's a wonderful tool, well designed and beautifully realized. I will definitely start using it. So no more 'Dutchman's tables', kenjigs, spreadsheets or apps on smart phones or tablets. End of an era that began on April 14, 2014 with my publication of "Simple adjustment of the grinding angle". It took 10 years, but now it can be even simpler and more accurate.

Attached is my test report in PDF file.

Ken S

Dutchman,

If there would ever be a Tormek Forum Hall of Fame, you certainly deserve to be a key member. Your tables made all that followed possible. I am pleased that Håkan chose you to test the prototype jig. No one understands knife angle setting better than you.

For the record, I do not believe Håkan lost interest in the project. When Håkan announced his desire for early retirement, Samuel, the new CEO, very wisely offered him a part time position as a technical consutant focusing on new roduct deveopment. Håkan has a wealth of knowledge and experience.

One of the high points of my visit to Tormek was being included in a meeting of the Design Committee. The committee included three Tormek employees: Tim, who I had not known before; Håkan, with whom I had shared emails; and Mats, the head of support. I suspect Mats can do any job in the shop. He has helped me innumerable times.

I was one of two guests at the meeting. The other guest was Per Ericson (Perra on the forum), a retired Swedish Industrial Engineer, who had independently designed a jig similar to the KS-123. Per is very personable, experienced, and smart. He fit right in with the group. I felt very honored to be included, like having the chance to discuss the early church with the apostles.

Ken

3D Anvil

Wow, this is very exciting.  Can't wait to get my hands on it.  Hopefully the wait isn't too long in the U.S.

darita

Any idea of price point?