News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

1200 Manual

Started by sram, March 22, 2014, 10:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sram

Hello everyone

I have just discovered the Tormek system today after acquiring a used 1200 system. I have already made a list of the accessories I would like to purchase which include a couple of things missing from this unit, namely the angle guide and the water trough. If someone could confirm the part numbers for these, that would be very helpful.

I wondered if anyone could please point me in the direction of the manual? I've read the 100+ page guide which refers to the current models but I was hoping to find a guide specifically for the older model? Mine appears to be a pre-2001 unit, as when registering it on this site I was unable to find a serial number on the underneath.

Look forward to learning from all of you.

Thanks

Herman Trivilino

Hmmm...  I believe the parts for the T-7 will fit that machine.  Not aware of a manual that old.

Origin: Big Bang

Jeff Farris

Herman,

The 1200 is the predecessor to the T-3, not the T-7. Parts for the T-3 will fit, parts for the T-7 will not. f

The manual for the current model will cover any procedure you can do with the 1200 and reflects the latest information. Purchasing an older manual, if you could find one, wouldn't offer anything you wouldn't have in a new one.
Jeff Farris

sram

Many thanks! I will read up about the T3.

Regards

Herman Trivilino

Oh, yeah.  That makes sense.  So, parts for the 1200 are the same as parts for the T-3.

The US-103 is a nice upgrade,

as is the EzyLock. http://tormek.com/international/en/spare-parts/shafts/msk-200-stainless-steel-shaft/

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: sram on March 22, 2014, 10:08:22 PM

I have just discovered the Tormek system today after acquiring a used 1200 system. I have already made a list of the accessories I would like to purchase which include a couple of things missing from this unit, namely the angle guide and the water trough. If someone could confirm the part numbers for these, that would be very helpful.

If you're in the USA you can get parts from SharpToolsUSA. 

http://sharptoolsusa.com/parts.finder.php?target=parts&parent=27

You can see the water trough there (7).  The Angle Master jig is WM-200.