News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Sharpening Left handed scissors

Started by jasonk, February 03, 2014, 03:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonk

Hi,

I have been sharpening knives and scissors for sometime now but in batch of scissors from a client the other day i got a pair of left handed ones. I am using the SVX-150 and for right handed scissors its fine, the jig and the inward rotation of the stone work well to hold the scissors in place. With the universal support in the horizontal position i find the jig tends to get pulled over and the angle gets too steep and rolls over the edge.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to sharpen left handed scissors?

Thanks

Jason

Herman Trivilino

I think that when sharpening left-handed scissors you would still have the US in the upright position, but would insert the blade into the other end of the jig.  It seems I remember seeing or reading this somewhere. ???
Origin: Big Bang

Jeff Farris

Jason,

Take the scissors apart at the joint. Then you'll be able to clamp the blades like right handed scissors, but the handles will be to the inside.
Jeff Farris

jasonk

Ha! brilliant, not sure why i didn't think of that. Thanks for your help guys.

Kind Regards

Jason