News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New Owner - Water Trough

Started by bonsaichris, December 15, 2013, 05:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonsaichris

Have spent the day with my T-3 and wood turners Kit  - very impressed and I am sure more practice will improve my set up time.
I used to polish stones on a wet grinder and was always told not to leave water in the trough, out of balance at start up could cause problems I think. Different stones and higher speed but there doesn`t seem to be any reference to it in the Tormek spec. Do I need to read it all again or have I missed something

Herman Trivilino

Not sure.  The make up of the grindstone is such that it soaks up water and wicks it towards the center where it can cause the main shaft to rust, although now that they're made of stainless steel that may no longer be a problem.

I've never noticed an out of balance grindstone.  That may be due to the low rotation speed, or the fact that the water doesn't stay on one side, or both.
Origin: Big Bang

bonsaichris

Thanks for the quick reply, it isn't much trouble to slide the trough off and store it below the wheel. I was just expecting something in the instructions that I may have missed