News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Used Tormek reconditioning

Started by Steven L, August 28, 2005, 12:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven L

Here is the tormek as received...

Steven L

Quote from: Ed on February 22, 2006, 01:42:09 AM
Very nice Steve,

The sign of a great tool or machine is that it can be rebuilt to near new condition.

I have a honda lawn mower (which has not been used in 5 years)  One year my wife ran it dry on oil and it seized.
Everyone I called said that they do not rebuild mower engines.
But when I said it was a Honda,  I found that almost everyone was willing to rebuild that engine.

I also got my Tormek used.  I bought the parts that Jeff recomended and the unit works as good as new.  In my opinion, which is highly valued (especially by me)

Good or Great machines or tools have parts available and is worth buying a used one as you can fix it up to like new.

Jeff,  do not argue with this, it is a compliment

Ed

Thanks Ed!!
Steve

Clem Wixted

Steven,

Does the wheel mesuring scale actually measure the wheel or is it just there for decoration? Nice restoration.

Clem

Quote from: Steven L on December 01, 2006, 01:12:01 AM
Here is the after photo! I'll post the before when I locate it! It is an attachment!

Jeff Farris

Clem, that is the old "function" sticker. It doesn't have a scale.
Jeff Farris

Clem Wixted

Jeff,
I was refering to Steven's "after" photo, not the before photo.
It looks like he has a new decal from the slanted case mounted on the old square case. Dosen't look like it conforms to the wheel.
Clem

Quote from: Jeff Farris on December 04, 2006, 06:40:22 AM
Clem, that is the old "function" sticker. It doesn't have a scale.

Jeff Farris

Quote from: Clem Wixted on December 12, 2006, 03:06:16 AM
Jeff,
I was refering to Steven's "after" photo, not the before photo.
It looks like he has a new decal from the slanted case mounted on the old square case. Dosen't look like it conforms to the wheel.
Clem

Sorry, you are exactly correct.  The scale will not work on the older square frame machine.  It also looks like he didn't read the directions for installing the XB-100 horizontal base.  It might be an optical illusion, but it looks like the legs will hit the carrying handle.
Jeff Farris

Steven L

Actually, the XB100 was just resting on top of the machine when I took the after photo. The XB100 was mounted later and it does not interfere with the handle. You can see in the photo that there aren't any screws securing the XB100.
The sticker was placed on the machine just to finish off the restoration! I don't rely on it for any wheel diameter measurements. It's pure decoration.
Steve