News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

MR. HD more ??????

Started by MR. HD, August 29, 2019, 09:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. HD

Also i notice that my stone is not true . Its high the middle low on both side but more one side . The kit that i bought was suppose to have one but they forgot it so now i have wait for them to ship . thanks again

Ken S

When you say,"they forgot to ship it", are you referring to the stone grader or the TR-50 truing tool? The stone grader is included with the T4. The TT-50 truing tool, although essential, is not included with the T4. It should be the first item purchased for the T4.

Much has been posted on the forum about using the TT-50. Essentially, approach it with very light cuts. You should make sure your stone is true as soon as possible.

Enjoy your new Tormek.

Ken

MR. HD

Hi Ken the trueing tool I received it yesterday
My stone is high in the middle
Would that make sharpening more difficult? Thanks

Ken S

Hi, HD.
I don't know if your grinding wheel's high spot is the cause of your difficulty. It is definitely a possibility. As a young trouble shooter for the telephone company, I used to look for the difficult solutions. Over the years, I learned to methodically eliminate the simple possibilities, which were usually the actual causes of the trouble.

Life is simpler with a well trued grinding wheel. I recommend making several very light (less than half a microadjust number) passes beginning where the diamond just touches the high spot. Once you reach the point where the diamond is cutting the entire wheel, stop. I am a firm believer in truing often and lightly.

Enjoy your new Tormek!

Ken

John_B

Also once you have tried the wheel I suggest that you mark the shaft and wheel so that you can position it in exactly the same place when you remove the wheel and subsequently reinstall it. There have been threads about this where a newly trued wheel will seem out of round by a small amount after removal and re-installation.
Sharpen the knife blade
Hone edge until perfection
Cut with joy and ease