News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

thoughts from the new T8 Custom online video class

Started by Ken S, August 27, 2020, 05:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I just watched the new Custom T8 online class. A few thoughts came to mind:

I am pleased to see that the online handbook is now available in twelve languages.

The new T8 warranty, for units sold after August 1 is now for eight years. Actually it is for five years plus three years if the unit is registered online. At first I was leery about the 5+3. However, upon further reflection, it seems a logical inducement to encourage new owners to register their new machines. And, it extends the warranty for another year (eight years, including commercial use instead of seven).

A question was asked about the new pasteless honing wheel. Will it be made for the T4? The answer was "probably not". Actually, the rubber honing wheel marketed for the T2 is an exact fit for the T4 and is available as an accessory.
(I had mine on my T4 very shortly after my T2 arrived.) The T2 has a separate marketing channel.

It was an informative class. I recommend watching it and look forward to future classes.

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Ken S on August 27, 2020, 05:01:07 PM
I just watched the new Custom T8 online class. A few thoughts came to mind:

I am pleased to see that the online handbook is now available in twelve languages.

The new T8 warranty, for units sold after August 1 is now for eight years. Actually it is for five years plus three years if the unit is registered online. At first I was leery about the 5+3. However, upon further reflection, it seems a logical inducement to encourage new owners to register their new machines. And, it extends the warranty for another year (eight years, including commercial use instead of seven).

A question was asked about the new pasteless honing wheel. Will it be made for the T4? The answer was "probably not". Actually, the rubber honing wheel marketed for the T2 is an exact fit for the T4 and is available as an accessory.
(I had mine on my T4 very shortly after my T2 arrived.) The T2 has a separate marketing channel.

It was an informative class. I recommend watching it and look forward to future classes.

Ken

https://youtu.be/TVp8e9tAiJE
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)