News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Universal Support is too short

Started by MakerUnknown, July 23, 2013, 10:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Paul,

My support bar measures just over eight inches from the outside of the first vertical bar to the end.  Is that the same size as yours?

Ken

MakerUnknown

7 and 5/8"
Yours is bigger than mine!  ;)

Jeff Farris

Well that tool hawker would have been me. Don't know how you got the wrong support, but I have a couple floating around my shop, of the correct vintage and the correct length. Send your address to jeff at sharptoolsusa dot com and I'll send you one.
Jeff Farris

Ken S

An honest tool hawker........miracles never cease! :)

MakerUnknown

Herman Trivilino

Anyway, it's not a bad idea to buy a replacement US-105.  It's a major upgrade to the older ones that we have in that it has the threaded shaft and the micro-adjuster.  I modified mine by threading the shaft myself and making a homemade micro-adjuster.

It gives us a major improvement in the utility of the machine.
Origin: Big Bang

MakerUnknown

Jeff,
I want to say thank you for being so kind and sending me the correct length of USB.   I can't believe I've been using the Tormek for 15-16 years with a too short bar and swearing at every time.
Paul
ps.  The old one was slightly misshapen to boot and never slid in and out of the holders easily.  This one slides like skates on a frozen pond.

Herman Trivilino

Does it have the micro adjuster?  If not it's a good idea to thread the shaft and make a homemade one.

http://tormek.com/international/en/spare-parts/other-spare-parts-and-upgrades/us-105-universal-support/
Origin: Big Bang