News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

TS 740 Sharpening Station

Started by onewaywood, August 16, 2013, 04:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onewaywood

Has anyone seen it yet ? Looks really nice,but at $600.00 there crazy.$300.00 maybe,they would sell a'lot more of them at that price.

mike40

I saw it on an ad on the net. It might be ok someone who can't make their own cabinet, but most woodworkers would probably prefer to make one there self. Luckily, I had a shop made cabinet with drawers and on wheels that was just the right height, width and depth, so I used that. Not really knowing the quality of the Tormek cabinet, I wouldn't want to judge wether or not it is worth the money.
Mike

onewaywood

I don't have a shop full of tools, just a lathe and bandsaw,can't afford anymore than that.I'm sure the quality is very good but a very BAD price.Didn't mean to sound so rude but my income went down 70% this year.Sorry.

Ken S

My Tormek sits on a discarded child's wooden table top I cobbled with 2x4 legs and misc. supports forty years ago.  The top has holes from various machines over the years.  Like me, it has become slightly less stable over the years.

My accessories  are stored in a nice looking white metal kitchen hanging cabinet which has seen service in many houses in my family (starting with my grandparents).  It is probably older than I am.  It works very well.

I don't think the Tormek chest is especially overpriced in itself, just beyond most of our budgets.

Sorry you are having a tough year, onewaywood.  Hopefully next year will be better.  Wise choice getting a bandsaw.  Much safer than a table saw and very versatile.

Ken