News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SVM-00 Small Knife Holder

Started by franzleo, April 22, 2013, 09:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman Trivilino

I think the factory ran out of stock.  Sharp Tools USA announced they were temporarily unavailable.
Origin: Big Bang

garyls43

I just ordered one from Amazon.com, I'll have it tomorrow.

Ken S

I've waited long enough for my local dealer to stock this jig.  None yet.  I checked on Amazon.  $39.95 plus shipping through Advanced Machinery.  I can see $32.00, even if they tack on shipping.  That's what it sells for at Sharptools, which is now Advanced Machinery.

Sharptools only has payment via Google, at least online.  I tried to order one, and could not get past the google account.  Call me contrary, but I just want to order it from the dealer.

Advanced Machinery doesn't list the jig alone on their site.  There is no shortage.  The supply has been rerouted to the package deal with the T7.

This customer is not a happy camper.  I have decided not to purchase the jig until the dealers get their acts together.

Ken

Rob

Dear dear....that's a pretty big measure of something not being right when probably Tormek's greatest fan isn't happy! 
Best.    Rob.

Ken S

I relented. I just called the 800 number on the Sharptools site (and reached Advanced Machinery).  The helpful rep took my order over the phone with no problems.  My jig ($32.00 + shipping =$38.95) will be shipped today.  I consider that very good service.

I still don't like the way the price was jacked up on Amazon (by the same dealer) or having to use Google check out if I had placed the order online.

I will post again after I have a chance to use the jig.

Ken