News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

General advice about posting things other than text eg pics, line diagrams etc

Started by Rob, March 23, 2013, 09:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Best.    Rob.

Rob

Best.    Rob.

Rob

right that didnt work...try this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xf7rergbtfwuuga/spreadsheet%20test.xlsx

edit...this doesnt work...need to post the file link using the hyperlink button
Best.    Rob.

Rob

Best.    Rob.

Rob

think Ive got it now....you need to paste it in the hyperlink button parameters

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xf7rergbtfwuuga/spreadsheet%20test.xlsx

This works....hyperlinks to spreadsheet hosted on dropbox which you can boot via this link (you would need excel on your PC for it to work)
Best.    Rob.

Rob

Best.    Rob.

Rob

Finally!

so procedure to paste excel data direct to a post is:

write the spreadsheet
copy contents into paint (to convert to bitmap or PNG)
upload that to photobucket
link that file using the direct link option in PB and the image link buton here in the forum
Best.    Rob.

Rob

Im guessing that as along as the formatting doesnt change this would also hold true for word and/or powerpoint
Best.    Rob.

Rob

Yes....converting powerpoint also works using the above procedure.  This might be useful for more complex diagrams, bulletted lists etc

Best.    Rob.

Rob

I'll do one final test using word and then we'll have a complete knowledge of the office apps that people are likely most familiar with
Best.    Rob.

Rob

This is very cool...we now have the facility to paste sections of the manual when trying to explain difficult concepts to people.  This could really help.

Jeff....you might want to make a comment with respect to Tormek copyright here.  They might frown on this...even though intentions would be honourable, I would understand if they considered this unacceptable.........naturally in such an event, I would remove (or you of course).

Im only thinking of the benefit of forum users in the learning sense.
Best.    Rob.

Rob

so procedure to publish word docs either written natively in word or cut and pasted into word (like in the case of the Tormek manual) is the same as for Excel and ppt ie copy the data into paint and save as a PNG then upload that into photobucket before linking into the post as though it were an image(with the forum button far left ie insert image) using direct link (direct link being the option in photobucket).

Incidentally, some may not be familiar with windows keyboard shortcuts.  These are important because sometimes all this cutting and pasting doesnt work if you rely on right mouse clicking.  I find the following keyboard shortcuts always work if the function is permissable:

ctrl-a (selects all the content)
ctrl-c (copies that selection to clipboard)
ctrl-v (pastes the clipboard into the target application which in this case would be paint of course)
Best.    Rob.