News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

a very good follow up video

Started by Ken S, March 15, 2013, 10:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I found this very interesting.  While I like Jeff's original videos very much, this seems to have more of a relaxed flow.  (Jeff also demonstrates freehand stropping.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMCwG8xehGE

Good job, Jeff.

Ken

Herman Trivilino

Yes indeed.  If you had two of those chisels you could give yourself a nice shave.  One for doing the shaving, the other as the mirror!
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Herman, I suspect after all those years on the road for Tormek, Jeff either has quite a collection of now short mirror chisels or has given quite a few away, or both.

Jeff,out of curiosity, when you were doing shows, how long did a chisel last?

Ken

Jeff Farris

A set of Record Blue Chips would last 5 or 6 weeks of demonstrating. The biggest problem was, the 1/2 inch and quarter inch were always full length, because customers would scoff at them for being little. There are a couple hundred friends and customers out there who have a set of chisels with a one inch and 3/4 inch chisel that have been changed from a standard chisel to a butt chisel, and almost full length half and quarters.
Jeff Farris

Ken S

Good answer, Jeff.  It gave me a good laugh, as well as being informative.

Ken