News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Using the SVM-45 on the honing wheel

Started by Elden, March 11, 2013, 06:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elden

Probably most people do not use the knife jig when using the honing wheel. When doing certain knives, I quickly found that the large locking knob would contact the leg of the USB due to the horizontal positioning of the USB.
A trip to the hardware store to purchase a metric bolt of proper length and diameter, helped solve the problem. Most of the time, I use the regular stock part. Hmmm, I wonder where I left that metric bolt?!  ???
Elden

Herman Trivilino

Although not recommended, you could pull the plastic knob.  The end of the threaded metal shaft has a spline that fits inside the plastic knob.
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Herman,

I think a standard 6mm bolt would do the trick for you.  That's what I used in my jig.  (See post of earlier today.)

Ken

ps (Only a Yankee barbarian would do this.......I think the tapped hole could be redrilled and tapped for 1/4 20 thread.)

Elden

Hey! Rob, Robin, and the rest of them over there think we all are Yankee barbarians any way!
Elden

Ken S

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: Ken S on March 11, 2013, 11:28:08 PM
I think a standard 6mm bolt would do the trick for you.  That's what I used in my jig.  (See post of earlier today.)

Yup, labelled "M6" in the fastener aisle of my local hardware store.

Quoteps (Only a Yankee barbarian would do this.......I think the tapped hole could be redrilled and tapped for 1/4 20 thread.)

Yes, Ken, that would be barbaric.  But it would work!   ;)

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: kb0rvo on March 11, 2013, 11:41:32 PM
Hey! Rob, Robin, and the rest of them over there think we all are Yankee barbarians any way!

And to think, our ancestors stole the inch from theirs!

Rob

I've got one thing to say to you yanks.......who discovered the damn country?

:o
Best.    Rob.

Elden

Elden

Ken S

According to the scholars at the local Irish pub, it was St. Patrick who discovered our country.

And, we didn't steel the inch.  We won it fair and square in a poker game with the First Earl of Grantham.

Ken

Jeff Farris

Quote from: Rob on March 12, 2013, 02:09:47 PM

An Italian.
Jeff Farris

Rob

Quote from: Jeff Farris on March 12, 2013, 04:50:41 PM
Quote from: Rob on March 12, 2013, 02:09:47 PM

An Italian.

Smartass! :-)

Strictly speaking it was the paleo-Indians some 15000 years ago (though that doesn't really help my case)   ;D
Best.    Rob.

Herman Trivilino

No, it doesn't.  And they weren't Indians.  That was another mistake.  Over here in the land of political correctness we refer to them as Native Americans.

Rob

Yes....now you do.....but wickipedia refers to them by their paleontological name...paleo-indians
Best.    Rob.

Rob

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleo-IndiansShare

Paleo-Indians (Paleoindians) or Paleoamericans is a classification term given to the first peoples who entered, and subsequently inhabited, the American .......

The defence rests Your honour!
Best.    Rob.