News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Squealing motor.

Started by Paul Hannah, November 20, 2012, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hannah

My otherwise perfect Tormek, squeals badly when any load is on the stone. I can't presently see what I should lubricate.
I searched the board for 'squeaking' and 'squealing' and got no hits, so I suppose the problem is rare, huh?

Jeff Farris

Is this a newer (blue) machine or an older (green) one?  In either case, the treatment is the same, but the method is slightly different. If it is an older machine, remove the honing wheel and use a 19mm or 3/4" wrench to remove the drive wheel. Slide the main shaft with the grindstone attached out of the frame and lubricate the two black nylon bushings in the frame. A Teflon based spray lubricant works well, as does any type of waterproof silicone grease.

If you have a newer machine with the EzyLock, it will be easier to take the stone off and pull the shaft out the other direction. Otherwise, the procedure is the same, lubricate the two nylon bushings and re-assemble.
Jeff Farris