News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

new electronic on of switch

Started by Ken S, November 25, 2012, 01:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I saw this in the description of the T 7 in the Black Friday sale ad:

"new electronic on/off safety switch"

I wasn't aware of any problems with the older switch.  Does anyone know why the switch was switch, and when?

Ken

Jeff Farris

I am guessing, and only guessing, that it was a safety mandate in the EU. It is a (very nice) magnetic switch, meaning that if power is lost at the source, the tool will not come back on when power is restored (until you hit the switch again). It has been a requirement on most stationary equipment in Europe for several years.  The range of equipment covered by the requirement may be expanding.
Jeff Farris

Ken S

Good guess, Jeff.  I suspect you are correct, although I have never thought of a Tormek as being in the same hazard category as a table saw.  It seems a good regulation.

Ken

nobby1967

I think they are NVR switch No Volt Release I think it may be law in EU Seems common practice on most machinery here in UK.

Ken S