News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Warranty on used Tormek

Started by Edgar Milson, September 30, 2012, 12:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edgar Milson

I purchased a Tormek T-7 from a fellow and I think he is going through a terrible time. I think he had to sell his Tormek because of marital difficulties. The machine is almost new, can I register it? Would the warranty be valid? I could ask him for the original receipt if I had to when I pick up the machine next week, then I will find out exactly how old it is. I am not worried about it breaking down, I never heard of this happening to anyone.
Thanks, Edgar

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Edgar.

I suggest you email Tormek.  I emailed them with a request for the serial number of my first Tormek (when it was stolen).  They were good about responding. 

One of the benefits of registering your unit is being able to download the handbook, including the latest version.

There is not much to break down with the Tormek, if it is given reasonable care.  It is a simple machine and very well built.

Please post the response from Tormek.  It would be a good thing to know if the warrantee is transferable.  (some on this forum have more than one tormek.)

Ken