News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Best tool since

Started by tonylumps, June 16, 2012, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonylumps

I have got to say, this is the best tool I have bought since my first Milwaukee Sawzall.And that was a long time ago.I have sharpened a couple of knifes for some friends and that led into a sample sharpening for a leading Eatery and  they where very happy with the result.

Ken S

Welcome, Tony.

I remember when I bought my Milwaukee Sawzall (around 1993).  What a useful tool!  I still have it and wouldn't part with it. It has cut everything from tree branches to a slot for the circuit breaker box wiring to an old antenna tower.

The Tormek is turning out to be a very useful keeper as well.  I'm pleased you are having such good success with knife sharpening.  Of all the kitchen "gear" I have bought over the years (Kitchenaid, Cuisinart, etc), my knives and large cutting board are the day in and day out troopers.  I remember an old quote from James Beard stating his belief in taking care of one's knives, that they were at least as valuable as the silver.

Keep us posted on your knife sharpening journey.

Ken

jeffs55

I agree that it is as good as the legendary Sawzall. I have both and can speak with authority.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.