News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

WOW

Started by Ed Lowrie, April 04, 2005, 05:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Lowrie

I first looked at the Tormek last year at the woodworkers show in Houston, thought its a little expensive.

So in my usual prognosticating way I struggled on with an oil stone, until this last weekend when I purchased my Tormek. WOW why did I not do this before?

What a tool I have sharpened everything in my shop sharper than I ever thought possible.

The only issue I have had is that my stone would appear to have a slight out of flat, straight out of the box, is this normal?
I intend to use the diamond cutting tool to true the stone to the tool rest, I first noticed this with a plane iron that looked out of square. Looking at the stone with the tool rest touching there is a gap at the outside edge maybe a 1/16".

Is it possible the tool rest is not Square?

Great tool thanks.

Ed

Honer

I'm still a rookie, but I would think it would be much easier to align the stone to the rest and not the other way around.

There seems to be much discussion about this subject here.

I have mostly and very successfully sharpened all types of knives and have experienced no round, flat or square issues.