News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Worn guide bushes on Tormek jigs

Started by Trigger, May 08, 2012, 11:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigger

Hi, I'm sure this question must have come up before but I can't seem to find an answer. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase replacement guide bushes (the plastic bits) for Tormek jigs. I find that they tend to wear quite quickly resulting in a fair bit of play which leads to inaccuracies when grinding. It seems a ridiculous expense to have to replace the entire jig when all that needs replacing are the two twopenny ha'penny bushes. I have searched high and low to locate them with no luck at all to date. Here's hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

Ken S

Are these what you are looking for?

16   3061 Nylon bearing   2   $ 5.70

(This is from the Tormek portion of the Sharptools website (T-7 parts)
The price may be for each, I'm not sure.  A set of them was included with the EZY lock shaft kit.

Ken

Jeff Farris

Not sure what market you're in, Trigger, but in the U.S. go to sharptoolsusa.com, follow the link for Tormek and then the link for "Replacement Parts". The bushings are available for all the jigs.
Jeff Farris