News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Chipper Blade

Started by tonylumps, May 12, 2012, 08:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonylumps

New Guy here from Pa. Now that I own a Tormek T-7  I would like  to sharpen my Wood Chipper Blade (About 5"X2"x1/4") on the Tormek. But the problem is the specs. clearly states 45 degree angle no Hollow ground. Is there a way or a Jig I can use to eliminate slight Hollow shape. Thanks in advance Tony

Jeff Farris

No, BUT....

The hollow grind they're advising against is the one resulting from a 6 inch wheel. I've sharpened by heavy duty chipper blades for years on the Tormek, using the planer blade attachment, with very satisfactory results. It takes a while if you let them get really bad before changing, so do them at the first sign of dullness.
Jeff Farris

tonylumps

Thanks Jeff, that is what I thought. I just barely noticed a hollow on all of my wood chisels and they are at 25 and a longer grind.I went and ordered an extra cutter so one is working and the other sharpening. Will be checking them often Tony.

tonylumps

Jeff one more question .Because it is a 45* angle,should I sharpen away just to be safe. Thanks Tony

Jeff Farris

Not with the SVH-320.  The short bevel won't matter, it will work perfectly in the vertical mount.
Jeff Farris

tonylumps