News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Unable to save downloaded videos

Started by Tom Maynard, April 03, 2005, 07:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Maynard

Jeff,

Despite the instructions to the contrary, you can not right-click and save any of the Demonstration Videos.  At least for the moment, I'm on a dialup only link and downloading any of the videos takes between 10-20 minutes (depending on size, and usually at 52.0 kb/s).

Worse, even after I've paid my download dues I still can't save the video!  So, if I want to watch it on another day -- I have to download it again.

Can you rectify the situation?  I'll gladly download them all again provided I can save them locally.  I actually enjoy them very much.

Tom.

Jeff Farris

Use the following address:

http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/demo/***

See the attached file for the list of mov files, which you would put in the address in place of "***".
Jeff Farris

Tom Maynard

Jeff,

Thanks!  That's precisely the info I needed!

Tom.
P.S., I look forward to seeing you in person when you come to the Chicago WW show.

ba-doyn

These are snippets of video from the DVD, correct?

Thanks,
Michael

Jeff Farris

Yes, the DVD is more detailed, but it includes this informtion, too.
Jeff Farris

Jambe

An older topic but I have had the same problem as the OP.  Only just now have I figured out how to save Jeff's videos.

Go here to see the list:  http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/demo/

I normally use Firefox. Right-clicking on a video does not have the option to save. (At least it doesn't on my Windows XP computer.)

I tried using Internet Explorer and there is an option to save the video.  :)

On different subject, I wonder what software Jeff used to make the videos. They are excellent from a software point of view.

grepper

In Firefox it's: right click>Save Link As.

Jambe

Quote from: grepper on October 06, 2013, 07:26:01 PM
In Firefox it's: right click>Save Link As.

Thanks grepper.

My mistake! I ignored that option since I didn't want to save just a link, I wanted to save the .mov. I see now that it does save the .mov.
In IE it says "Save Target As".

Jeff Farris

Quote from: Jambe on October 06, 2013, 03:03:21 AM
On different subject, I wonder what software Jeff used to make the videos. They are excellent from a software point of view.

If I were vain, I would point out that it's the golfer, not the club that makes the shot. But, I'm not, so I won't.  ;D

Those were shot with a Sony PDX-10 and cut with an iMac using Final Cut Express and compressed with QuickTime (and a lot of experimentation). Amazing how well they have held up in relevance over more than 10 years. When I did them, I had to compress them very carefully so they could be viewed by normal connections...normal then being reallly slow by today's standards. When I did the turning video, I upgraded to Final Cut Pro and a MacBook Pro. I'm proud of the production quality on that DVD, too.
Jeff Farris

Ken S

Jeff,

You should be justifiably proud of the fine work you have done making your videos.  I had the impression you had intended to do more.  I hope those plans may be realized some day.

You videos are not only useful for prospective and new Tormek owners, they are also very good "quick refreshers" for somewhat out of practice old users.

Ken

Herman Trivilino

I second that.  I find myself viewing those videos time and again, to get a refresher.  I always pick up something I'd forgotten along the way.
Origin: Big Bang