News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek 2000

Started by Maxtheknife, March 03, 2012, 12:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxtheknife

Good day
I am new here and really new to tormek.

I have a really good chance to buy a t 2000 ...many many attachments...2004 model...used little.

Should I worry since the warranty is up about now....I have two friends that have them, so I am not a rookie so to speak

Thanks
Max
<")))))<>(

Herman Trivilino

I wouldn't hesitate.  Every part is replacable and well built.  A newer-style stainless steel mainshaft is available that makes it easier to remove grindstones.

If the grindstone on this machine doesn't wobble, you're good to go.  Just empty the water tray after every use to help prevent the mainshaft from rusting.  Keep the mainshaft bearings lightly lubricated.
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Max.

Welcome to the forum.  I would not hesitate to purchase a "used little" Tormek.  I had the opportunity to take a close look at the "innards " of my machine when I installed the EXY Lock shaft.  In my case, there was nothing wrong with the original shaft; I just liked the upgrade.

What I saw was a well designed and manufactured machine.  What really struck me was the simplicity.  Many of the parts look like they could be replaced at the local hardware store (at least in the metric world).  This is clever.  It keeps the cost reasonable for a very useful machine.

I would buy the machine and give it a good cleaning and lubing.  You will learn a lot about the Tormek by doing this.  You may also save some money.

Do keep us posted and good luck.

Ken