News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Parts List

Started by chemman, January 24, 2012, 05:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chemman

We have a Super Grind 2000 at our Sawdust Club. Our machine has not been taken care of properly so I am taking charge of it. I have been trying to find a complete parts list & a dealer that stocks the parts. Can anyone assist me?

Chemman

Ken S

Hi, Chemmen.

Try this site.  It's Sharp Tools (Jeff's site).  I have bought parts there before with good success. 

Tormek's need so little TLC to remain in good shape.  Too bad many don't get it.

Good luck....Ken

http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/index.php?target=category&catID=1

chemman

Thank you Ken S. this is what I was looking for.

Chemman

Ken S

You're welcome, Chemmen.

I replaced the shaft on my T7 with the new EZ Lock shaft.  It was a good chance to look "under the hood". 
I was surprised at the functional simplicity of the Tormek. The other pleasant surprise was the quality machining of the stainless steel shaft.

A good cleaning might do wonders for your club's machine.  Be sure to read Herman's tale of removing his grinding wheel from the rusted shaft (on this forum).  When you disassemble the shaft, I suggest making a simple diagram.  Reassembly is (almost) intuitive.  I suggested to Tormek that they include a diagram with the replacement shaft.  It would have helped me. The newer shafts are stainless steel, a nice improvement.  (The nut for the leather honing wheel is not stainless.  It lives in a dry environment.)

In a club setting, I think it makes sense to dump the water at the end of the day.  Placing a five gallon pail by the Tormek and some paper towels would make this easy.  Monthly cleaning/lubing and regular light dressing of the wheel should keep your machine purring for many years.

No more "blue blade" ruined edges. 

In a club setting, having some simple set up procedures might help the less experienced members.  If you are interested, I will post my ideas on this.

Ken