News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Hand-Tool Kit

Started by tooljunkie, March 25, 2011, 05:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooljunkie

I will be picking up the Tormek® Hand-Tool Kit today but may not be able to play with it (or should I say use it) until April 4th on my birthday.  ;D  ::)

Time to dull some knives & Scissors.
Wait a minute they are dull. :D
You can never have enough tools!

Ken S

Happy upcoming birthday, Dan.  You have good taste in birthday presents.

Ken

tooljunkie

Ken S

Dan,

Now that you are a year older and wiser, have you had the chance to try your new hand tool kit?

Ken

tooljunkie

Yes
I sharpened 5 kitchen knives (Henckels) & one pair of Scissors
All successful 1rst try & able to slice paper waving the cut in many S curves with out a catch at all
Like Butter

The Scissors are a very old pair of Swiss made Scissors That have been around since I was a kid & have been used to cut things like copper wire (until I was cot doing that as a kid) & any thing that I could think of.

Man I love this system

Ken S

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: tooljunkie on April 07, 2011, 05:36:28 AM
The Scissors are a very old pair of Swiss made Scissors That have been around since I was a kid & have been used to cut things like copper wire (until I was cot doing that as a kid) & any thing that I could think of.

Isn't it great that we can bring back those old tools that our parents used, and make them work as good, or even better, than when they were new?  When I was a kid I thought that ruining a pair of scissors was a crime that could never be erased.
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

I agree.  One of my ongoing projects is planning a woodworking kit for my grandson. 

Ken

Elden

One of the thrills I enjoyed was years ago, which was by restoring a pair of shears my older brothers had destroyed by trimming the dogs. They had been given to my mother by a very special friend who had since passed on. By using a Foley- Belsaw 327 (Twice as Sharp) for the job, she once again had an excellent pair of shears she could use along with the nostalgia of them.
Elden
Elden

Ken S

Nice posts, Herman and Elden.  Restoration of treasured tools is certainly satisfying.  It is a nice way to honor both your mother and her special friend.

Ken