News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Assembly of new T-3

Started by Elmer, February 08, 2011, 08:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmer

It's taken a couple of weeks for the shop to obtain the bits that should accompany a new T-3 so I thought that at last I'm ready to try it.
No so.
Trying to tighten up the nut that holds the stone on the shaft I find that one of the metal washers is missing: there is one under the nut but not one on the other side of the stone as the set-up diagram shows. Will any washer of similar size do or should I insist that the shop obtains one for me? (it's 20 miles away) I bought the only T-3 left in the shop and it had been assembled as the display model and they'd lost the box and any paperwork too!

Page 35 of the instruction book states in the 'Mounting the Grinding Wheel' section "Remove the black distance sleeve on the main shaft". I don't understand. It seems to be firmly fixed and if it were removed the wheel would be too close to the housing. What is the black distance piece for if it is to be removed, please.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Elmer.

ionut

Hi Elmer,

I don't have experience with the T3 as I own only the T7 but I know the T7 comes with a black plastic spacer between the two washers on the shaft exactly where you would have to mount the stone. Also you will need the right side washer, I believe you can easily replace it with one from different sources but having the same dimension with the one you already have. For the price you pay you should get a complete machine and all the accessories including the box, I would go back and change it and wait until an unopened box becomes available.  Don't rush this is a good machine, T3 is more hobby oriented but the Tormek still backs it with a 7 year warranty I believe.

Ionut