News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

anglemaster VM-100

Started by Ken S, December 15, 2014, 02:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I recently found a Tormek anglemaster VM-100 for sale on a large auction site. It looked intriguing. I was listed as "buy it now" and also "make an offer". I made a low offer that was rejected. I didn't mean to be cheap, but, my interest in it was essentially historical, rather than as a working tool. I think it was a good idea, and I applaud the inventor.  However, the present VM-200 anglemaster is so much more useful that I would only see the original as a relic and a part of the developmental process.

When I look back at how the Tormek began and what has been achieved, I am amazed. In just the few years I have been a Tormek user so many advancements have happened. I look forward to "the ghost of Tormek Future".

Ken

grepper

I think the Tormek should have a laser that examines the blade and displays the current angle.  Or better yet, just punch in the desired angle and it automagically adjusts the jig/control bar/angle for you.  The New! Improved! AngleMaster VM-2000!

Ken S

Grepper, did you miss the improved laser kit and firmware upgrade?

Ken

grepper

Thanks for the heads-up Ken.  Took me a while to find it and get it installed, but now I'm good to go!

Ken S

That's the one.

Good joke, Grepper! :)

Stickan

Ah, thats the older version, the new has a solar panel. Same current all over the world   ;) :D

Nice work on that one!!

Stig

Ken S

Can I have my older version modified? And, is this compatible with my iPad?

Ken

(Good one, Stig ;D

grepper

These days it's almost difficult keeping pace with how rapidly Tormek is releasing exciting new innovations, the latest being a portable solar array so that now you can sharpen anywhere there is good sunlight!

Of course being a Tormek product, the quality of the new solar unit is impressive.  It's waterproof, super heavy duty aluminum case is as tough as the T-7000 itself, so it's no worry pitching it in the back of the truck.  It even comes with a 100' ultra-flexible power cord making it easy to get it to a location with good sunlight.  There is even an optional heating unit for the water trough, so freezing water is no longer an issue for those suffering a cold shop environment or job site.

The instructions were clearly written so the installation, while not exactly trivial, went smoothly enough and only took a few hours.  While not really inexpensive you get what you pay for, and the energy savings, not even considering the added "sharpen anywhere" convenience,  should pay for the upgrade in just a few years.

As an added bonus, you can not only monitor energy savings but also control every function of the unit including turning on the trough heater remotely, with the new device independent mobile app that works on any mobile device.

I can only wonder what they will think of next.  :).

Herman Trivilino

So with the Tormek in my shop, I can use my smart phone to sharpen knives while I'm in the kitchen cooking. Seems almost too good to be true.
Origin: Big Bang