News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T-7/2000 and T-3/T-4 etc., stones

Started by SharpenADullWitt, August 03, 2014, 04:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharpenADullWitt

Are the arbor sizes the same between the machines and what is the minimum stone size for the T-3?

Just thinking out loud here, wondering when the stone on the T-7/2000 (later in my case) gets to the 7" mark, could it be used on the smaller machine?  Thanks
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

Interesting thought.

The larger stones are 2" wide.  The smaller stones are 1 1/2" wide.  I think the constraint would be in the securing nut for the grinding wheel due to the differing widths.  However, I'm not sure.

My grinding wheel has not diminished much. When it does, I can't imagine discarding it. I'm sure I will have "rough" work from time to time, work designed for a mostly worn but usable wheel.

Ken

SharpenADullWitt

The width thing, never crossed my mind.  I've seen a T-3 off and on, via local CL.  Not many other Tormeks have popped up (one old square frame 2000 model, that was listed for $600 firm and recently dropped to $500, yeah, good luck with that).
My brain was looking for an excuse, to try the smaller machine, in somewhat of a comparison (and leave it in a friends restaurant, so I don't become the go to guy, again).
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)