News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek show

Started by bulldog, July 15, 2005, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog

Jeff, I first seen you demonstrate the Tormek at the Cashman convention center in Las Vegas Nevada.
Don't quote me but I think the year was 99 or 2000 somewhere about there while attending a wood working show. At the time I was astonished at the ease you made the machine work, but as so many that I have read today I was reluctant to purchase due to the price (and after buying everything out their that promised to due the job but took forever or only worked for awhile.
So I passed up the chance at the show and figured if it were such a good item I would look it up on the Internet and buy it the following year.
Unknowingly to me it was the last year in Las Vegas. HMMMMM. >:(
Then I saw the New Yankee Work Shop Show on the Tormek. So I looked it up again and found out that since the show was not in Las Vegas that I could now get the item at wood workers emporium which I did the deluxe model figured I would not let a good thing go by twice.
That's when the fun began I over used the honing compound the went and got the mineral oil I remembered you talked about at the show, that didn't go as planned either, I immediately was determined to sharpen one of the chef knifes we had and kept hitting the honing wheel couldn't get the answer I needed at the time where I bought it read the hand book, then watched the video but could not understand why this was happening let alone when I tried to hone the grinding wheel was in the way. The 2000 model I bought I thought must have been a close out and they changed the wheel size (I was convinced due to remembering you had no problems, nothing but ease).
So I stuffed everything in the garage and left it their.
That was several years ago last night I found your web site watched your online video's and felt like a tender foot/ or green horn take your pick.
The online video's are great!!!, the showed me the novice mistakes (not to mention the machine was the one you used, the operator memory was just distorted)
I can't wait to dig it out and use it.
I will be buying your startup kit and the DVD. Have the (VHS didn't explain knife sharpening like your online video).
Thank you for this site and interaction.
Life looks easier now.